Sunday, August 9, 2009

Carnations used in a modern way!











As anyone who knows me will tell you, I don't like carnations. It comes from a good 20 years ago when we did not have the wide range of flowers on the cut market as we do today. Back then, carnations went into everything! They just got overused. Now, I have made exceptions to my dislike. I actually love them massed together either by themselves or with another full flower such as roses or hydrangea. So, when Bethany came to me and showed me a picture of an aisle with white carnation spheres perched on top of tall, clear vases and branches in side I knew I had to design this! Not only did it look stunning on the aisle, but the spheres were then re-used as the centerpieces on shorter vases. Great way to double duty your flowers! Unfortunately, the ceremony was not able to be outdoors. It had to be moved in due to a downpour. The quick actions of the family as well as her coordinator, Taylor Fry, http://www.coloradoweddingsandevents.com/ along with Diane Bice and the excellent staff of The Club at Flying Horse, everything was quickly moved inside. A few tears were shed by both the bride and groom over the need to move inside, but once those were dried, everything went along perfectly. Congratulations to Bethany and Matt!

No comments:

Post a Comment