Sunday, August 9, 2009

Romantic Red Roses and special friends!










































































Lia found me in a roundabout way, which happens to me a lot. A former bride of mine happened to mention to a co-worker about my work. They had a friend, Lia, who was having her reception at their lovely home and needed a designer for her wedding. Lia loves red roses so the natural choice of colors was red, white and black. We initially figured out a good working point for their flowers with the knowledge that it would need to be tweaked due to the fact that this was not a typical wedding venue, it truly was a personal home. I heard from Lia's mom, Pat, not too long after I met Lia. I love working with southern moms and Pat was no exception! They just seem to have a unique style, grace and ability to plan truly elegant events. Planning took off from there and over numerous emails and phone calls, we nailed all the details down. The result as you can see was very romantic! The McConnell's home was amazing in its own right, not to mention how nice this family is, but once it was set up for Lia and John's reception, it was breathtaking! I am no fan of baby's breath, but it worked so well in the candle rings and the cake that even I had to admit, WOW!! The caterer for this event took on a lot of the logistic's burden as well as the catering. I had been hearing about Cravings, www.cravingscatering.com for a long time so I was so happy to finally meet one of the owner's, Lisa, at the house. I hope we get to work together again someday. And, last but not least, I got to meet Pat! After all those phone calls and emails I had hoped we would meet face to face and we did. She raved about the flowers and I raved about how great it was to work with her! I will miss Pat and her wonderful southern woman spirit!
Congratulations to Lia, John and their families!




No comments:

Post a Comment