Sunday, August 9, 2009

Lauri's outdoor extravaganza!






















































Lauri is the daughter of a good friend and personal lawyer to my husband and myself. When she became engaged, her dad, Stuart, knew exactly who to call for the flowers. When I met with Lauri and her mom, Nan, she pretty much had an idea of what she wanted as far as colors but not as much with flowers. As I listened to her describe what she was thinking, I just knew what we were going to do! Dyed orchids in lime green, turquoise and fuschia!Lauri fell in love with my hand glued orchid trees as well as my sunken orchid centerpieces. Viola! Three styles of centerpieces were born playing on this concept. Lauri and Jim's wedding was not only large, 350 guests, but so was their wedding party! 7 bridesmaids and 8 groomsmen. Check out the bouquets! Don't the turquoise orchids look like little butterflies hovering above the flowers!?!
And, to top it all off: it was an outdoor reception with NO tent. Yes, there was a backup, but they truly wanted it outside, under the stars. They got lucky! In weeks filled with storms, winds and rain, their night went off perfectly! Shove Chapel was the ceremony site, with the courtyard of Barnes Science hall the location for the reception. Both located on the campus of the University of Colorado. Guests were able to take a super short walk from one location to the next. Talk about convenient for your guests! When I went to pick up the vases, etc the next day, I ran into Stuart. He said that everyone talked about how beautiful the flowers were and that I better expect to be even busier in the future. All I know, is that I loved how it all turned out and that I am happy for both families. Congratulations to Jimmy and Lauri!

No comments:

Post a Comment