Monday, June 8, 2009

Clarissa and David's June 6 Wedding





























Finally! We got a sunny, gorgeous Colorado day! Perfect for a wedding! Clarissa and David were married at Shove Chapel. Truly one of my favorite chapels with its Gothic architecture and painted ceiling. How can you not love all those fabulous gargoyle downspouts!? Clarissa and David chose a palette of berry and champagne. Even the names of the colors sound good don't they!? They loved a more modern look so we went with calla lilies for Clarissa and peonies with green orchids for her bridesmaids. We did not decorate the chapel as I truly feel it is one place that really does not need any floral "help". Reception was held at the Cheyenne Mountain Resort. I love delivering to the resort as I have always found the staff to be very helpful and fun. Some places can be stuffy to say the least. Not so with CMR. Clarissa and David had the entire Grand Rivers ballroom. Clarissa loves twigs and branches so we did a super tall curly willow centerpiece with sunken white orchids inside my three foot tall vases. I got a kick out of one of the event staff when I set it on the table. His eyes popped open wide and said, "Whoa....that is the tallest centerpiece I have ever seen!" LOL I love a good shock factor in a good way of course. For the parent's tables, we stepped it up a bit and did my three foot tall vases with sunken white dendrobium orchids topped with a lush ring of white hydrangea, white roses, vendella roses, sahara roses, and white dendrobium orchids. From the middle sprayed an array of curly willow branches onto which I hand glued white dendrobium orchid blossoms. It is truly one of my top favorite pieces! It just screamed elegance, whimsy and class all at once! I could not help but snap a few fun pictures from their reception as they had some great details! The menu cards had their picture on the front and the menu on back. Each guest had a rock with their name in both English and Chinese characters. Their wedding coordinator, Danielle O'Dill, with Something Classic Events, http://www.somethingclassicevents.com/ told me that each rock also had the guests' choice of meal on them. What a clever idea!! And I loved the fact that the menu card was a laminated picture so that each guest could have a nice photo of the couple. Since I had a few extra orchids. I decided to place one on each plate at the head table and on the two parent's tables. I frequently do extra touches like this as I always love the idea of surprising the couple with something fun that they weren't expecting. Congratulations to David and Clarissa!

No comments:

Post a Comment