Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Melissa and J.D.'s Wedding














































I got to say, WOW!!! What amazing purple hydrangea!! It was truly some of the most gorgeous purple hydrangea I have seen and I have seen a lot of flowers over the last 20 years! Melissa chose a color scheme of black, purple and white. Her bridesmaids were in floor length black gowns with lavander sashes. Melissa's gown was white, strapless with ruching at the waist and lace around the bottom edge. Their ceremony was held in Woodland Park on a rainy, but beautiful day! The dramatic views with the clouds racing throughout the mountains and all the lush green everywhere was breathtaking.



One of Melissa's requests was to make the flower girl halo as narrow as possible. No problem as I know some bride's prefer the petite look. Then, I saw her precious daughter, aka, the flower girl. She came running up the aisle, sippy cup in hand asking me, "Where is my mommy?" I led her to where Melissa and her girls' were getting ready where grandma very happily greeted her. The sweetheart had fine, blonde curly hair and I just know that halo looked precious on her little head!



A great tip for the budget: Melissa chose hydrangea clusters to adorn her chairs. These clusters were then taken off and placed in vases on her guests' tables for an instant centerpiece. Double duty is always a good thing I say!



Once again, I truly hope I get pictures of this happy couple and their wedding from their photographer Megan Hardre'. http://www.meganhardrephotography.com/



Congratulations to this wonderful family and Melissa, I am going to miss you. :o)






Added on June 8, 2009:



I just got an email with these pictures from professional photographer Megan Hadre'. http://www.meganhardrephotography.com/ I am always THRILLED to get professional pictures of my work as I am a lousy photographer. Thank you so much Megan!!! The first three are her work, obviously!









No comments:

Post a Comment